What is Truvada?
Various medications can be used to treat an HIV infection, including Truvada.
Buy Truvada without a prescription?
How Truvada works
Truvada contains two different active substances; tenofovir disoproxil and emtricitabine. They are both antiretroviral drugs that can be used to treat HIV. Tenofovir is a nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitor and emtricitabine is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, but they are both classified as NRTIs. These substances have an effect by hindering the normal functioning of a certain enzyme. The virus needs that enzyme to multiply. The medication therefore inhibits growth.
How does this medicine work?
Your doctor will explain to you how to use this medicine. Always follow his or her instructions. Do you have any questions about usage? Please ask your pharmacist or doctor about this. Also look at the package leaflet for more information; This contains extensive instructions for use. In general, the following instructions apply:
- The recommended daily dose for the treatment of HIV is one tablet for adults. Young people between 12 and 18 years old who weigh more than 35 kilos may also take one tablet per day;
- Are you using the medication to reduce the risk of contracting HIV? Then the daily dosage for adults is also one tablet.
- Take the medication with some food;
- Is it difficult to swallow? Then you can crush the tablet with a spoon. Then mix the powder in half a glass of water or grape juice. Then drink it immediately;
- Never take more or less than the dosage prescribed by your doctor. Otherwise you run the risk of developing resistance to the drug;
- In the treatment of HIV, the doctor will prescribe this drug in combination with other antiretroviral medicines;
- Are you using Truvada to reduce your risk of getting HIV? Then make sure that you take the medicine daily and not only when you think you are at risk.
- Possible side effects
The use of medication can cause side effects. This can also occur with Truvada, although it does not mean that you will have to deal with it. Very common side effects include headache, dizziness, rash and diarrhea. See the package insert for a complete overview.